Spaghetti Aglio Olio e Peperoncino
This easy side dish sports the lovely green and red to make your holiday table even more festive. Quick, simple, and delicious!
- 8 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 3 garlic cloves slightly crushed, or minced if you are going to leave in the sauce for extra flavor
• ½-1 tablespoon dried red chili flakes to your preference; or ½-1 fresh chili, seeded and chopped. Calabrian chili is best.
- 500 g spaghetti dry is the norm, can be done with fresh pasta but adjust timelines accordingly
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 pinch Salt
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and add the garlic and chili once it is glistening slightly.
- Start a pot of salted boiling water for the pasta.
- Start the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Remove garlic cloves once they begin to brown (or leave in if you like the extra punch of flavor).
- Stir in chopped parsley and remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta, add to frying pan, and toss with the sauce until coated evenly.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley (if desired) and enjoy!
Traditional recipes do not call for adding any cheese, though many people today add grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano as a finishing touch.